M. Sc. M. Sc. Kai D. Klein
- Active in industrial property since 2015
- Professional experience in construction and R&D in the fields of tools and plant engineering in Germany and the USA.
- Studied mechanical engineering with a focus on applied mechanics and construction and automation technology at the Ruhr University Bochum; Master's thesis in the field of plasticity under dynamic loads, awarded with the Multiphase Technology Award 2014.
- Further Master's degree in Sales Engineering & Product Management at the Ruhr University Bochum.
- Training as German and European Patent Attorney as well as German and European Trademark and Design Attorney in the law firm Bals & Vogel; studies "Law for Patent Attorneys" at the FernUni Hagen as well as training periods at the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA), at the Federal Patent Court (BPatG) in Munich and at the Higher Regional Court (OLG) in Düsseldorf.
- Training Program on the Unified Patent Court (CEIPI).
- General mechanical engineering
- Plant construction
- Automotive technology
- Process engineering
- Computer Implemented Inventions
- National and international patent application and examination procedures
- Opposition and appeal proceedings; Utility model cancellation proceedings
- Freedom-to-operate analysis
- Injury reports, legal resistance reports
- National designs and international designs
- Trademark law
- Employee invention law
- Unitary Patent (UPC)
Patent law activities
- German patent law
- European patent law
- US patent law
- Chinese patent law
- In-house training on Chinese patent law
- Inventor advice at the Information Centre for Technology and Patents (ITP), TU-Dortmund; Advising start-ups and founders on intellectual property
VDI, EPI, German Patent Attorneys' Association, VPP, FICPI
- Endurance sports
- Tennis, Badminton
- Travel and political events